Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wonderful Works

When we began our adoption journey, we knew it would change us. We didn't know just how much or in what ways. We are still discovering that.

I have posted before about how as much as I wanted to be "done" doing the difficult things, I knew that with eyes wide open we had so much more ahead of us. Once you know, you cannot unknow.

We came home from Ukraine longing for a Sunday in church and a return to our new "normal". Instead what we got was a sermon on abortion from our pastor, David Platt. I guess we should know by now that his sermons will force anyone out of comfort and steer you as far away from "normal" as possible. You can view the sermon here. I sat in that worship gathering and I cried. I listened to the stories and the would-be fate of my own children. I listened to the statistics, and I saw the faces of my children, all of whom are here by God's grace alone.

That sermon moved us to act on behalf of those who cannot stand, speak, or cry out for themselves: the children unborn, especially those who have so much to teach us but are frequently terminated for their specialness. Open your eyes and your heart to see them the way that their Creator sees them: as His Wonderful Works




http://wonderful-works.weebly.com

2 comments:

The Sanchez Family said...

Beautifully done my dear sweet sister :)! xoxoxo Let's chat again soon!

Crystal said...

This is so great. I love the website too. I think it is going to be a wonderful ministry.