Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Luke's first day of school...minus the pictures :(

My baby started school today! Luke goes to the same school as Trey, but 2 days a week instead of 5. So today was his first day. I asked him this morning what he thought he would do in school today. He said, "play with the kitchen and get a tattoo!" Wow!!! Guess we better watch out for those teen years! I told him he probably wouldn't get a tattoo, but maybe if he was good he would get a stamp on his hand. We also had a long discussion about how he should tell his teachers if he had to go potty. I was so worried he would take after Trey and be too shy to speak up when he had a need.

As we drove through the car line, Luke kept looking out the window for his teachers. He was asking, "where's Ms. Courtney? Where's Ms. Shari?" When a teacher other than his own came to take him out of the car, he panicked and tried to climb in the front seat. Upon reassuring him that he would be taken to his classroom and his teachers, he reluctantly got out of the car. When I picked him up his teacher put him in the car, and she said, "he was good, but he was so quiet." She also let me know that he went the entire half-day without going potty! Luke said, "I didn't get a stamp, and I didn't go potty at school". Apparently that was all that mattered to him. And yes, he really had to go by the time we got home.

There are no pictures of Luke's first day, because my camera took the pictures but apparently didn't save them anywhere because of a low battery, which I didn't find out until I went to download pictures that didn't exist anywhere!!!! So frustrating!!!

Anyway, here are some other random shots of the kids.

Luke modeling his new Cars shoes

Spider-man Trey
This is how we frequently find these two...reading their Bibles.
These pictures represent something amazing...Ana playing! I know this seems crazy, but she has never played with toys the right way. She mostly wanders around the house and shakes or throws things. But on this day, She walked over to the couch, picked up the kids toy phone and started talking on it. We were shocked. After playing with the phone, she grabbed her baby and started making her jump. She said, "ju," "ju".

Bounce house fun
This is her model face
The twinsies love to walk around holding hands
playing in the cupboard

1 comment:

Crystal said...

so cute, I love the pictures. i was wondering how their first day at school went. I can't believe Luke held it all morning. I need to get potty training tips from you, I just cannot figure out how to potty train Justus with other kids around :), I think I was spoiled because Malika was so easy.