Monday, July 18, 2011

Luke: The Muscle

Luke: where to even begin...

...Luke is a very smart kid. He has been speaking in full sentences for a long time now. He uses words like, "actually". He should have been potty trained a looooong time ago, because for months he has been able to say things like, "I'm poopy. Please, change my diaper," but mommy has been to lazy to train him. I tell you these things so that you don't lump him into the braun over brains category. But, Luke has ALWAYS been our physical kid. He crawled at 8 months and started walking at 8 1/2 months! He learned to jump with 2 feet off the ground before 18 months, and I have joked that he needed anger management for 2 year olds. I have no doubt that in a fight he would take Trey down in record time. He loves to run and throw a ball. He is explosive both with his muscle and with his temper. He is defiant, but not always in a mean way. Luke is the kid that Gary and I are banking on to protect us when we get older ;)
He insisted that HE should hold the hose to fill the pool.


This is Luke's favorite picture of himself. He even sent it to Grandma in her birthday card. I have no idea why. It's a picture of him in Time Out ;)

Chick-Fil-A is SUPER FUN!!!!



Even with his temper, Luke is a lover. He likes to be held, have his back rubbed, play with my hair, give hugs and kisses, cuddle close, and he takes his "baby" with him everywhere (his little giraffe blanket). I think he just shows his emotions easily, whatever they may be. We are working on controlling his anger, and I am desperately trying to make up for being away from him for so long. He handled it fine while we were gone, but now that we are home with 2 new kiddos, Luke is constantly afraid we are going to leave him. There is not a day that goes by that I don't hear, "Mommy, I want to hold you" a minimum of 20 times (and yes, that is his way of asking ME to hold HIM). And with a visit from Grandma looming in our near future, Luke is constantly asking, "Mommy, will you stay with me?" out of fear that she is coming to baby-sit while I leave.

Yes, Lukey, I will stay with you baby.

No comments: