Thursday, July 28, 2011

Gorging: Day 2

Breakfast:
2 packets of instant oatmeal
1 plum
Handful of almonds (they sat in her mouth mostly)
I gave her a piece of string cheese. She put it in her mouth but never bit down. She signed "all done" at this point.

Snack:
Her bowl of pretzel sticks
Moved on to all of the other kids bowls of pretzel sticks

Lunch:
Plate-full of steamed broccoli and cauliflower (maybe 1 cup)
4 fish sticks
1 orange
Bowl of frosted mini-wheats (dry)

It was at this point I got really sad for Ana. I looked around my house and this is what I saw:

Ana mini-wheat in each hand, mouth full, working on a solid hour of "lunch"
 AND

All of my other kids dancing and having fun, all having finished their lunch 1/2 hour ago
I had to prompt the "all done" sign at lunch because it was past nap time, and I'm not sure she would have stopped.

Dinner:
Bowl of pasta
1/2 cucumber
Handful of cereal
String cheese
1/2 plate of grape tomatoes
1 slice whole wheat bread
4 slices of deli ham
About 1/4 cup raisins
MORE cucumber (in total it was about 3/4 of a cucumber)
Finally she began regurgitating the cucumber, and then with prompting signed "all done".

Dinner took her 2 hours!!! When she was done her belly looked like this, and it was H.A.R.D.




In total, Ana spent over 4 hours at the table today. I am incredibly discouraged, because after her dinner tirade, Ana still came wandering into the kitchen begging for yogurt that I was feeding Sasha (and that was only about 20 minutes after I took her down from the dinner table). I didn't give her any, because I simply couldn't bring myself to. I was worried about the pain she was probably in, and I just couldn't bear to watch her eat anymore.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I'm praying for you. I really hope this works for you and will help Ana and help others to have an answer too.

I wish that I could have answers, but Kaylee has not had a good day with eating today. She even cried when I put her to bed (I did take her out and rock her though and she was ok), I think because she still wanted to eat, even though she had already eaten a lot and then even ate all of Malika's carrots and peas that I spilled all over the floor. It makes me sad too, to know that it is so important to them. And it truly is, I can see it in Kaylee's eyes. Today, she started searching the floor for food again and she is still eating a lot, so I just don't know why we have setbacks. But, I do hope you will keep trying it, just so we can all see the results.