Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bad blogger :(

I know that I have let you all down by not blogging about what you really want. Partially this was due to me being way too tired to spend my time blogging, part of it is because I didn't know where to start (still don't), and the other part was us waiting for our 10 day wait to be up. We felt that we had a semi-precarious situation with Ana's mom. We had no idea if she was going to try to get custody of Ana.

But, our 10 days are up!!!!!

I do have a lot to say, and I doubt it will all make it into this post. I will start by telling you more about the kids. Sasha is so smart! If you knew nothing about him, but you observed him for a bit, you would assume he was a typical 18-24 month old. He understands a ton, but has limited speech. Like every other little boy, he loves to find mischief. And, of course, his size is that of a typical 18 month old. His facial features do not "give him away" as having DS.

Hangin' with Justus

Swinging with Mommy


Ana has never had a man in her life. She doesn't even have a father listed on her birth certificate. However, she has made up for the past three years by becoming an instant daddy's girl. Her and Gary have bonded amazingly in the few short weeks we were there. She gets very excited when she is around other active kids. She loved "chasing" our friend's daughter through the hall of the orphanage. She just laughed and smiled even though she never came close to catching her. She just has a very calm and super sweet personality. She doesn't speak, and it's hard to know exactly what she understands. But, we have been told that she is missing us right now. It makes me sad to know that she doesn't understand where we are or that we are coming back. Our friends go every day to get their daughter for visitation, and Ana tries to walk out with them, and then she cries because she can't. I am sad, but I cannot wait to see her eyes light up when we show back up in her doorway.

Laughing at her silly Daddy :)

And again!


2 comments:

travcat said...

I'm so relieved for you that the 10 day wait is up!!! Thank God!!! They are precious!

Rachel said...

I love the videos of Sasha and Ana! Beautiful! I will be stopping by one day to see you all. Hope y'all are ok from the storms!