Wednesday, April 13, 2011

14 hours and counting down

Court.

I haven't told this story to everyone, because I think it will earn me a "crazy" reputation, but since I think I already have that, I'll share.

About 1 year ago, God audibly spoke to me (it was the first and only time). He didn't tell me to do something silly, He simply said, "Jer 1". I waited for the rest of the verse, but it never came. I opened my Bible with my heart racing to find, underlined by my own hand,

"Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD. (Jer 1:7,8)

And farther down the page:

"Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them. Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar, and a bronze wall to stand against the whole land-against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests and the people of the land. They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD. (Jer 1:17-19)

I knew God was calling me to something big. I believe this is the moment. We will stand strong, knowing that the LORD will rescue us and His children.

We will be in court tomorrow morning at 9am (our time), please be on your knees in prayer for us. Our children need out!!!

God bless all of you for your faith!

2 comments:

Nan and Dan said...

congrats!! good luck!!!

Renee said...

I am praying hard for you and Gary. I know God will give you both the right words when the time comes. I'm also praying for your judge!