Thursday, December 29, 2011

A post just to brag on my kiddos

All kids go through phases. Sadly when my kids are going through ugly phases I have a tendency to forget all of the beautiful phases. Right now Trey is impressing me well beyond his 5 1/2 years. Which is why I am typing this. I don't want to forget. On Christmas day our children did not open their gifts until about 6pm, yet we never heard a word about it. They never asked when they could open them...in fact, they never even mentioned gifts at all!!! Every mommy knows this is a major feat for a 5 and 3 year old. Once it was time for gifts Trey insisted on handing them out and celebrating with each of his siblings over their present. He saved his until everyone else was done.

If all of this wasn't impressive enough yesterday I had the 3 little kids upstairs for bath time after dinner. I called to Trey to tell him it was his turn. He begged me to wait because he was doing something. When I came downstairs I discovered a clean house! He told Gary, "mom would be really surprised if we cleaned the kitchen". So Gary helped him, but even to Gary's surprise when the kitchen was finished Trey went to work in the living room without a word. He cleaned it all by himself just because he knew how much I would love it.

And then tonight he sat up in his bedroom for well over an hour wrapping gifts for the rest of us. He took wrapping paper and tape and sorted through his toys deciding what each person would like. He gave each of us 4 gifts...gifts of love. And you should have seen the other kids squealing with excitement as they discovered the toys they had just played with hours ago.

I am so grateful that God's grace extends well beyond our parenting abilities. I pray He will continue to mold our children in ways we cannot. Thank you, LORD!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I love him. He is so sweet, you are raising such a wonderful man. I can't wait to see what he will be like in 15 years. It reminds me of this guy (about 20) who was standing in the line behind me at the grocery store. He didn't offer to help, he just started taking stuff out of the cart. I was so shocked and amazed. That is the kind of man I want my boys to be when they grow up.

Oh, and if you could save him for Malika, that would be great. :)