Monday, March 14, 2011

Wow!!! What a day!!!

Let me just give you a (brief) rundown of today's events...

...We awoke to find Trey dressed in superhero garb in preparation for his birthday party today. We went to the park to celebrate with a few friends when I received a phone call from Gary.

The call went like this:
Me: Hello
Gary: March 28th, 10 am!
Me: (Frantically screaming and jumping up and down, crying) I'M GOING TO THE UKRAINE!!!

I'm certain the ENTIRE park knows that I am going to Ukraine!

We had a great birthday celebration for our sweet (almost) 5 year old (cannot believe this, by the way!)



We came home a put Luke down for his nap, and then the doorbell rang. And what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a UPS man bringing more cheer. Our new bounce-house arrived (thanks, Grandma :) Luke "magically" woke up a short time later, and the boys bounced the night away.



You know, I had been waiting for almost a week for that travel date. I was expecting it last Tuesday (March 8th), and it never came. I prayed, and asked God for patience until His perfect timing. He knew what He was doing. I was surrounded by friends who cried with me, jumped up and down with me, and who were genuinely as excited as I was. If that e-mail had come last Tuesday like I wanted, I wouldn't have had any of that. Thank you, Lord!

1 comment:

stfny said...

Lindsay
I feel so blessed to have been part of such a precious moment in your life. Can not wait to meet Sasha!! :)