Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Almost there!

We are less than 3 days away from boarding a plane headed for Ukraine (okay we are making a few stops before we land in Ukraine, but let's not get picky about the details)!!!

This journey has been a lot like pregnancy for me. The beginning was marked by excitement and joy, but it was quickly followed by the painful process of paperwork that kept my mind from the truly beautiful thing that was happening (in real pregnancy, this would be the several months that I vomit continuously). Once the paperwork was completed (or the neasuea subsided), then came the nervous excitement. This included nesting, and pondering what life would be like with our growing brood. Now comes the labor. I have to confess that I think real labor might be easier than what we are about to go through. My labors were fast (4 hours a piece), nothing like the weeks this is about to take. I know it will be so worth it, and Gary and I are both dreaming about the day we get to hold our children for real, not just stare at a picture and wonder how they have changed in the last year or imagine what their personalities are like. But I also know there are struggles ahead. In these struggles, we seek God's will. Nothing more, nothing less. Please pray and seek His will for us as well.

Oh, and as a side note, nothing like getting to the 38 week mark in your pregnancy and discovering you're having twins! :)

1 comment:

michelle said...

Praying for you both and can't wait to see you holding those babies! Yeah...your almost there!