Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'm baaaaack!

Okay, so for awhile there I dropped off the face of the blogosphere, and it was great! I know that sounds so silly, but sometimes this thing takes over my life. I get so caught up in posting updates and checking everyone else's blogs for new pics and stories that I leave more important things behind. God has taught me so many things in the past 3 weeks, and I am so grateful!

Here are some of the things that I am thankful for. Thank you God that:
Our family has experienced such tremendous spiritual growth over the last year that our lives are nearly unrecognizable.

I have a 4 year-old, who never being told to say so, says things like,
"No dad, I don't love you the most. I love God the most."
"I want to pray for all the orphans to have families."
"After we adopt Sasha, will there be more orphans for us to adopt?"
"Jesus, you are the only way. You have the power, the wisdom, and the stature." (this one he runs around the house singing/yelling)

I have a 2 year-old, who upon being asked what he wants me to sing to him, says,
"Jesus!" Okay, I think. So, I begin singing, "Jesus loves me". "NO! Jesus," he replies. I proceed to try EVERY song with "Jesus" in it I can think of. Then I realize, he wants me to just sing the sweet name of "Jesus" over and over again. So this is what we do each night.

My husband wants to abandon everything in our lives to live radically for the gospel. He understands that when God calls, we answer. No matter how challenging it may seem.

We have learned as a family not to see the mountains in front of us, but instead to keep our focus where it belongs: on Jesus Christ, on a God who is bigger than every one of those mountains, and the Holy Spirit whose power and guidance can make the insurmountable seem more than passable.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I loved this post! It is always good to be reminded of what we are thankful for and how good it is because of God. Glad you are back AND that you are fully funded! God is truly amazing!