Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lessons learned in Florida

Lesson #1: A 9 hour car ride can feel like eternity when your one-year-old whines/cries for 8 of those hours.

Lesson #2: $400 to see Mickey Mouse is so not worth it when you can ride the monorail for free.

Lesson #3: Your 4-year old's cautious personality won't change just because you are at Disney World.

Lesson #4: When packing your suitcase, remember to bring God along for the trip (I accidentally left Him home and it did NOT bode well for me).

Lesson #5: Your expectations will always meet reality somewhere down the line.

Lesson #6: Time with your family is WAY more important than where you are, what you are eating or doing.

*** Please Note that I am NOT complaining. The LORD really used this trip to teach me some great lessons, and I feel blessed that He took the time to do so. The most important thing was that I got time with my family, especially my dad (who was unexpectantly able to join us before departing for Afghanistan). 

The following pictures are in no particular order

Waiting for dinner at ESPN Club

Swiss Family Tree House

Petting the horse

Pirates at Downtown Disney

Swimming with Grams and Gramps

Sailing on a mini-pirate ship with Grams and Gramps


Outside Mickey's House

Hangin' with Aunt Lisa

Showing Aunt Melina something very interesting

POOL!!!!

Driving a Race Car at the Tomorrowland Speedway

"Hi, Mom!"

1 comment:

Harris, Katie and Tucker Rhodes said...

So glad you guys had a great trip but so glad you are home too!! LOVE all the pictures and lessons learned (so true)!