Thursday, March 25, 2010

Is it on sale?

I will repeat myself and say that if you want to know how others see you, get a 3 year-old. I was pretending with Trey the other day, he was mommy and I was Trey.

Trey (the real one): Trey, do you want something from the grocery store?
Mommy: Some fruit, please. Oranges and Grapes.
Trey: You can only pick one.
Mommy: Oranges then.
Trey: No, oranges are not on sale.
Mommy: Then grapes, please.
Trey: Grapes are on sale, but only purple ones, not green ones. So, you can only get purple ones.

..........

Story #2: Surprise!!!!

Mommy: Trey, what Bible story did you read in school today?
Trey: Jesus died on the cross.
Mommy: Why did Jesus die on the cross?
Trey: I don't know.
Mommy: Do you want me to tell you?
Trey: No, I want it to be a surprise.

...........

Story #3: The tech savvy generation

After being disciplined, Trey had to apologize to me and to God. He hesitates sometimes before doing this.
Mommy: Is it weird talking to God? It's strange talking to someone you can't see. Sort of like talking to someone on the phone.
Trey: Yeah, or Skype!

No comments: