Thursday, January 28, 2010

Be a blindfolded horse...what????

I was thinking today (prompted by a discussion on the radio), about the verse : "We live by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7). I realized that I spend a lot of my time living by "sight". I live by faith in that I believe in Christ as my savior; I believe in the living God, the Holy Spirit, and eternal life in Heaven with my savior even thought I can't see any of those things. However, an analogy popped into my head as I really thought about this verse. Growing up, I owned horses (just go with me here). Many horses (unless they have had substantial training) freak out if they see a horse trailer. Well how are you supposed to get a 1000 pound animal into a trailer when they flatly refuse. Bribing doesn't work, and pushing and pulling will only get you majorly hurt. However, blindfold that baby and into the trailer he goes. Time for the point: I don't live my life with a blindfold on. I trust the LORD, but I can see WAY too much to know where I want to go and what I want to do. My flesh usually beats my spirit. Time to try a blindfold.

1 comment:

Barki's said...

very cool! maybe you should write a book. I think this is going to stick with me for a long time. I think God is speaking to me today through you! thanks friend. maybe i need a blindfold in lots of specific areas right now