Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The MIS-adventures of team Hagler

Wow!!!! Having kids is great, but we have recently been reminded of just how hard it can be. 

Mis-adventure 1:
My awesome friend, Katie, told us about a special promotion where we could go see 101 dalmations the musical for FREE!!!!! So, we jumped at the chance. Not thinking things through, we decided that all 4 of us should go. Luke made it through the opening song-barely. I spent the rest of the first act out in the lobby with him, and then we left. But, hey at least it was free. And the really cool thing was that my friend Wanda sat right behind us, and my other friend Shey was behind her - very coincidental.


Luke prior to the opening act

Daddy tried to take his own picture

Mis-adventure 2:
I forced Trey to eat a whole salmon patty for dinner one night, only to have the whole thing come back up! I guess he is still allergic to egg.

Mis-adventure 3:
We decided to use our McWane Science Center pass to go to Huntsville and tour the Space and Rocket Museum (it's free for those of you with McWane passes). Halfway there Luke vomits everywhere! I clean him up the best I can using ALL of the wipes I have in my diaper bag. We decide we need to stop at Wal-Mart and pick up a change of clothes for him. Back on the freeway (heading to Wal-Mart), Luke vomits AGAIN!!!! He is covered, as is his carseat. Once at Wal-Mart we clean him up and purchase new clothes, more wipes, water, and a towel for him to sit on. As I am cleaning vomit out of the carseat in the parking lot, I hear a woman trying very unsuccessfully to start her car. The all too familiar noise of a dead battery rang in my ears. My noble hubby jumped to her rescue, and two hours past our expected arrival time, we pulled into the Space Museum parking lot! 
NOTE: Luke was fine after that...must have been something he ate.


He sort of has that "I just threw up...what do you want from me?" look

Trying to successfully land a space shuttle

Saturn V

Moon Buggy

Mis-adventure 4: 
Fast forward one day from mis-adventure 3, Luke takes a fall in the kitchen busts his top lip (majorly swollen for the day) and gets a bloody nose. He REALLY needs bubble wrap. I didn't take any picture of the lip, because I didn't want any evidence that could be used against me later.

But aren't they cute?

2 comments:

Barki's said...

they are pretty cute, glad you can laugh about it now (are you laughing?)

Shaun, Melissa and Bryce said...

Wow, Bryce puking on the whale watching boat is nothing compared to your story. Glad everything worked out.