Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Confessions

Please remember as you read this that "there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus". This morning I had a particularly rough time getting out of bed. Trey came to my bedside at 5:30 am and said, "I want to watch cartoons". I told him it was too early and there weren't any cartoons on (yes, a slight fib). But I scooted over and told him to climb up next to me. He did, but kept asking for cartoons. I told him if he asked one more time he had to go back to his own bed. He decided to press his luck, and I hauled him into his bed screaming and went back to bed myself. A few minutes later he was back at my bedside whispering, "Mommy, I have to go poo poo". So I went into the bathroom with him, and upon finishing he asked for a treat (yes, my 3 year old still gets treats for pooping on the potty). We didn't have any of the things he usually wants for his treats, but he grabbed his step stool and told me that he would go and find something by himself. As groggy and tired as I was, I agreed but told him he needed to bring whatever he chose to me and get my approval before eating it. And so, at 6:00 this morning my son sat in the living room eating tortilla chips while I lay in my bed thinking what an awesome mom I am. 

Quote of the day: Trey- "I love being Trey"

Hope you all love being you too!!!!

3 comments:

Barki's said...

you are a super mom! tortilla chips are a great breakfast. i've definitely had worse. "I love being Trey" is awesome!!

Unknown said...

Tortilla chips are not the worst thing in the world- getting awakened at 5:30am is, of course, much worse. :) Love Trey's quote!

Rachel said...

At least your three year old poops in the potty!! My 2 1/2 yr old won't!:). Oh well! You are an awesome mom!!