Saturday, December 1, 2012

Updates

For some reason, I cannot post pictures to my blog right now. Apparently my google account/picasa has reached its limit for pictures. I'm trying to get rid of some and free up some space, but I still can't seem to make it work. If anyone knows how to fix this, please inform me! This is really the wrong time for this to happen seeing as how this is where I post my e-Christmas cards, Luke and Ana both have birthdays coming up, Selah should be here soon, not to mention that I would like to share Christmas pictures on this blog!

Anyway, here is a brief pictureless post.

Ana got glasses. They are an indestructible kid kind. They are flexible, strap around the back of her head, and they are purple :) She looks adorable in them. I can't tell a difference in her vision, but she must be able to tell, because she likes having them on. She doesn't mess with them, and she gets very angry if Alex messes them up on her face (he sometimes likes to make her wear hats or put dress up clothes on her and it knocks her glasses off).

I am now 37 weeks pregnant. I have an induction on the books for December 20th if Selah doesn't make her appearance before then. So, no more than 19 days remaining. It is a strange feeling to have that date on the calendar. I have never been induced, so it is odd knowing I have a definite end date. I am slightly dilated and about 50% effaced, which is where I stayed with Luke for a brutal 3 weeks. I was so depressed for the last month I was pregnant with Luke. I don't feel that way this time. Yes, I am uncomfortable. Yes, I would like for my belly to not be so big that I can barely reach over my kitchen counter to turn on my garbage disposal. Yes, I would love it if I didn't wake up each night with pain shooting from my lower back all the way down to my feet. And yes, I will be very glad when I get to stop poking my fingers to check my blood sugar. But, I keep so busy throughout the days I don't have too much time to dwell on those things. (I am really just now dwelling on them and thinking I should be a lot more miserable ;) In truth, life is good. If Selah can wait until the 12th or after then we will have an extra set of hands to help, because Grandma will be here :) I know my kids will be so happy to see her, and they will be so busy having fun with her that they won't even miss me while I am in the hospital. So, there is a part of me that says, "any day now". And there is another part that says, "just hang on for another week and a half".

Everything else is pretty status quo around here. Just spending our days learning, playing, preparing for birthdays and Christmas, and making sure we are set for Selah's arrival.

2 comments:

Melina said...

Loved the pictures you sent. Ana looks adorable. Scott hasn't seen her since you guys last visited us in Florida, he swears she's a different child. Love the kiddos in their PJ's and crocs with the Christmas lights. Trey looks like a mini Gary in his khakis and that coat. Anywho we love you all and miss you very much. Hope all is well and we'll talk to you soon.

The Davis Family said...

Yay for blog posts, even pictureless ones! Our blog is on our own server, so I haven't ever run out of space somewhere. Hmm. You can get on our server for $6/month. :-) Thanks for sharing! And it would be super exciting if you had her when we're over for a visit on the 9th.
Any requests for food?