Thursday, February 24, 2011

Submitted

I have had some time to reflect on our adoption journey, lately. I sent this e-mail out on July 2, 2010:
Hey everyone,

I know that your inbox gets flooded with forwards and random things you don't care about, but please take a moment to help this little boy. I'm not asking you to give money or donate your time, I'm asking you to forward this to those you know in hopes that we can find a family for little Sasha.

Sasha is a nearly 3 year old little boy living in an orphanage in [Eastern Europe]. He had a prospective forever family here in the states, however due to a battle with cancer, the family is no longer able to adopt him. The urgency of the situation is this: Sasha has down syndrome, and in [Eastern Europe], children with disabilities such as this get plucked from the orphanage and transfered into an institution at a young age (I think 5) where they are basically left to die. The family who was longing for him is heartbroken for him. More than anything, they want to find a family to love him. I have attached a picture of him (don't know how blurry it is...I snatched it from facebook). Also, here is a link to follow if you want to find out more about this little boy (or if you want to donate to his grant fund to financially help the family who does adopt him).

More than all of this, I am asking you to pray for Sasha. I have looked at these pictures. I have cried for this child. I have prayed for him and will continue to do so. This is breaking my heart right now. Please, now that you know, do something. I know I can count on all of you. Thank you.

And today, our dossier was submitted to his country!

We should have our travel dates in approximately 2 weeks!

What an amazing journey.

2 comments:

Corbett Burick said...

HOORAY!!!!! SO excited for you -- and hoping we will be able to meet while we are all there! Congrats!

Corbett :)

Emi said...

Isn't God great? He was preparing you to be Sasha's mom. Congratulations on your dossier being submitted!