Monday, November 1, 2010

Real Life...Interrupted

We were blessed to have a short trip to the beach last week. I feel like I have to justify the trip to everyone, because we are trying to raise money for our adoption...and then we went to the beach. The trip was planned long before we committed to adopt Sasha, and it was very cheap. Gary travels so much for work, and I always say that the ONLY benefit is that sometimes we get to tag along. Poor Gary had to work the whole time, but the rest of us (including my mom) enjoyed a much needed break. Now, I'm back and ready for more fundraising, more paperwork, and more stress :)


Grandma and the boys checking out Biscayne Bay



Sand...


...And more sand!


Luke really enjoyed throwing fistfulls of sand into the Ocean (very fruitful labor :)

My kiddos are growing and changing every day! Trey is reading; it might not be much, but he can sound out some words, and it seems like a lot to me. He is showing us a much deeper thought process lately. He is able to take things from one setting and apply them to another. He recently learned the term "body of Christ," and one day he said to me, "Mom, doctors are the hands". Today we cooked the seeds from our pumpkin. I offered one to Trey, and he said (I am NOT making this up), "no, but since I don't want one of those can I have brussel sprouts?" 

Luke is talking SO much. I like to ask him, "who loves you?" He always says, "Mama, Daddy, Beans (this is Trey), Papa, Nana, Pa (Grandpa), Ma (Grandma), Aunt EEE (Aunt Melina), Deesus (Jesus)". He loves his stuffed animals and babies. He cannot walk by a stroller without yelling, "baby!" He also really enjoys trucks, planes, boats, anything that goes (just like every little boy). He keeps us busy by throwing stuff in the toilet, taking his socks and shoes off EVERY chance he gets (I picked him up from the church nursery yesterday...barefoot! That is not how I sent him in!), and falling off things. He behaves like Pavlov's dog when the phone rings. He runs to the kitchen, grabs a chair and pushes it to the sink to play in the water. He thinks he can get away with it because I'm on the phone. 

So, yes, we do have our hands full...but we wouldn't have it any other way :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

That is so hilarious about Luke acting like Pavlov's dog with the phone and playing in the water. That sounds just like Justus, he always seems to get in trouble when I am busy. His new thing is to take the cover off the bird cage, or tip it over when i sit at the computer.