Monday, November 29, 2010

Igor and a new family tradition


I am praying right now that God is going to give me the words for this. 

This is Igor. 


Igor, like Sasha lives in an orphanage (in fact, he is in Sasha's orphanage). He is three years old and has Down syndrome. Like Sasha, he wants, no NEEDS a family to show him what love is. I can only imagine that he longs to be hugged, kissed, cuddled, and have a mommy and daddy to meet his needs out of love not obligation. Like Sasha, Igor is rapidly approaching four, the age of institutionalization. Unlike Sasha, Igor has no committed family. Gary and I have considered bringing Igor home with Sasha. How do you turn your back on a child who needs rescuing? But we have prayed for weeks without finding God's peace. Igor has a family somewhere. I don't know who they are, but God does. 

I know that this is the time of year when many families are looking for something charitable to do, well you found it! Click here to contribute to Igor's Angel Tree fund, and for a $35 or more donation you can get a beautiful ornament for your tree. Start a new family tradition of helping orphans for Christmas. Each year you can add an ornament to your tree, help boost an orphan's grant fund so they will find a family, and share family prayer time for a special child. 

Whatever you decide to do, please pray for Igor and his family. March is rapidly approaching, and unfortunately for Igor that is when he will learn what the inside of an institution looks like. Please, don't let that happen! 

1 comment:

Tay said...

My name is Taylah, I am 15 and I am Igors christmas warrior!!! :) Isnt he just beautiful!!!
PLEASE email me at cute-volcom@hotmail.com I would love to tell you everything I am doing to help save him :)
Thank you for advocating for our baby! :)