Tuesday, August 18, 2009

School

Trey had his first day of school today, and seemed to enjoy it once again. He is still playing school at home. Here are his first day pictures. Gary dressed him; he said that he thought it was appropriate for Trey to wear a tie for his first day :)




I am becoming somewhat of a Suzy Homemaker thanks to all of my sweet southern girls down here. In the last week I have learned to applique (thanks to Jamie) and make cloth diapers (Carlyn). I made an airplane T-shirt for Trey to match his suitcase (I will post a picture of it soon, but right now it's in Trey's dresser and he is sleeping), and I have completed one cloth diaper.  I enjoy sewing and learning how to do these creative things, but it's slightly complicated with two kids. I only get to sew when my kids are sleeping, because I'm not brave enough or patient enough to attempt it with them running around. So, progress is a little slow, but I figure the diapers will save a good amount of money once I complete my set (especially because they are made from stuff I already have-old receiving blankets, towels, etc.). 



1 comment:

AlyssaJordan said...

Awesome. Welcome to the wonderful world of cloth. :) That looks great!