Friday, August 14, 2009

I know...






I know this is my third post in just a few short days, but life is happening and I want to share regardless of whether you care or not. 

Luke is growing and changing so fast! He pulls up on furniture, is about an inch away from crawling, and two inches away from walking! He can crawl if he is on our bed because he digs his feet into the soft blankets and is able to propel himself forward that way. He walks (really fast!) if he is holding on to your hands, and he seems happiest when you let him do that. He has brute strength that he doesn't even understand he has yet. He broke Trey's train table yesterday! He grabbed onto a piece and started pulling and just busted the plastic mountain that the piece was attached to. He jabbers night and day. Mostly he says, "dadadadada". Trey thinks he is saying, "daddy". He has strong opinions about things, like what he eats, what toys he wants and when he wants them. He is very cute, but certainly a pistol.

Trey is getting ready to go back to school next week and is really excited! We had a little "back to school" party at our house today (which was really just play group with a cake that said, "back 2 school"), and Trey talked nonstop about it. I had to really make sure that he understood that the party was at our house and not actually at school. Ever since we went to his open house night at school, he has been pretending at home. I have to be the teachers, and he is Trey. He uses little blocks to be the people. Yesterday, while playing he told the teachers, "I have to go home, because I forgot my paints". He put his block on his truck and said, "I can drive this truck, because I'm a big boy". He had to make sure the teachers knew that he was a big boy. We will share our first day of school adventures next week, so check back.

No comments: