Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It's a girl!

Since the beginning of this pregnancy, Luke has been telling us that we were having a baby girl. I was a little afraid that if it was a boy he would have a meltdown. He didn't act like he wanted a little sister; he was just very matter of fact that it was a girl. And he was right. Our 20 week ultrasound showed us a  perfect little girl. Ana will have a sister to share in girly things with, and splitting our kids into bedrooms will be much easier. Our newest daughter will be named Selah Grace. Selah is pronounced Say-lah. It is a Biblical term meaning to pause, praise God and lift Him high. We are excited to add another sweet one to our family.

Here is a 20 week picture of my belly. Please don't mind the crazy hair, it was a 90 degree day sans AC.


7 comments:

Crystal said...

Aww, you look so cute. Congrats on the little girl.

Melina said...

I'm so excited!!! Hope you're prepared for all the belly rubbing that is certain to come while you're in MI/WI. Also, I know you kind of have your hands full already so I figured I would offer you some services. Once Selah gets past the squishy stage (and I'm in America) I'll teach her to be awesome, just like her favorite Aunt!!!

Lindsay said...

What's the "squishy stage"? And are you saying that I'm NOT awesome?

Melina said...

You know, the squishy stage, like when babies are all squishy and fragile and stuff. And I'm not saying that you're not awesome, I just know that your days are so jam packed that you have little time to fully fulfill your awesomeness potential.

The Davis Family said...

Congratulations! You are adorable, by the way. I love how your belly button has popped out. hehe
Squishy stage: when babies faces are still all smooshy and everything. Oh, I love the smooshy stage!
p.s. You're super awesome

Katie said...

Well Congratulations Mamma! If you ever need anything just let me know. Remember I am just a short airplane ride away and since school is starting in a few weeks I will only have "one" kid most of the time.

Lindsay said...

Katie, you are an expensive airplane ride away ;) Would be nice if we lived closer.