Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Randomness

Luke: (holding a deck of cards in the box) Mom, can we go outside and ride bikes?
Me: No. We have to leave for co-op in a few minutes.
Luke: I'm going to flip these cards. If they land this way we will ride bikes. (flipping the deck over) If they land this way we will go to co-op.

For the record, they landed on co-op. So proud of the wonderful decision making skills I have taught my son.

*****

Gary talking to Trey...
Gary: When you get married and have kids will you live by me?
Trey: Yeah, as long as there is a house for sale. Actually I am going to move to Alabama.
Gary: Why?
Trey: It's sunnier there.

*****

Trey and Luke have been playing "house hunting" lately. They ride their bikes down the street and pretend to look at houses to buy. I am their realtor.
Trey: Do you have any other houses we can look at? We kind of like the last one. It had a hot tub, but it was too expensive. It was over our budget.
Me: Well, I have a few more. One has a pool. Do you want a pool?
Trey: It doesn't matter if it has a pool or a hot tub just as long as it is in our budget.

At least one kid is picking up the right stuff! :)

*****

Trey skyping Grandpa:
Me: Trey tell Grandpa about co-op.
Trey: I take 2 classes. One is a body class where I learn about my body. The other one is a monkey class.
Me: It is NOT a monkey class!
Trey: yes, it is!!!

The class is actually a literature class, but for the first 2 weeks they read books with monkeys in them (Curious George and Caps For Sale), so naturally to the 5 year old mind it is a monkey class.

*****

Alex and Ana are potty training. Alex caught Ana having an accident in the living room. He grabbed her, pulled her by her hand into the bathroom, pulled her undies down and sat her on the potty. If only he would do that for himself!!!

*****

Luke: Mommy will you rub me? (not uncommon for him to ask. He likes for me to rub his back or his face sometimes)
Me: What do you want me to rub?
Luke: My feelings.
Me: Where are your feelings?
Luke: (pointing to his chin) right here.

*****

Trey has now lost 2 teeth. On the day he lost the second one we knew it was coming out. Gary begged Trey to let him pull it out in the morning even offering to pay DOUBLE what the tooth fairy pays. Trey declined.


Over dinner...
Me: Trey did you lose your tooth? I don't see it.
Trey: No. (feeling for it and realizing it isn't there his eyes get huge and begin to tear up). OH NO! I think I ate it! I thought it was part of my chicken.

I had to write a letter to the tooth-fairy letting her know what happened.

Tired boy 
1st day of school (Alex had a nasty cold that left a sore on his nose :(

1st day of co-op (Alex doesn't know how to NOT be in pictures)

The coast

My sweet Lukey!


I don't know if you can tell, but we got SOAKED!!!! Ana and Alex ran straight for the water. I let them thinking that the first wave would hit their feet, it would be cold and they would back away. Instead the wave came in farther than I anticipated. It soaked Ana up to her waist, knocked Alex over, and I ended up wet almost to my waist trying to save them both from being washed out to sea (I had help from Gary, Brian and Rachel, but I guess I was the closest). Fortunately, like a good mommy, I packed changes of clothes for all the kids. Unfortunately, like a typical mommy, I didn't think about myself. I spent the rest of the day wet, and even went to lunch with some mittens on my feet acting as socks (glad I have lots of random junk in my van :) . 

How cute are they?

Trying to get dry and warm. Enjoying some good conversation and watching Jordan enjoy some tasty sand :)


The single benefit of having your 4 year old taken out by a wave is that he will finally settle down long enough to cuddle.



This was in someone's yard on the way home from the beach. They also had a mystery machine and a bat-mobile.
That's my girl! (or my 4th boy :) She loves the football helmet, dribbles a basketball, plays cars, trains, and trucks, and has no fear.
Just your typical gas-mask-required diaper change in the Hagler home.
She shoots...she SCORES!!!!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh, those pictures are so cute, makes me miss you even more. The kids are all getting so big.

Poor Trey, that is too funny he swallowed his tooth. And the part about him thinking his class was a monkey class, ha ha.

Love y'all.

The Davis Family said...

I just saw this! The gas mask is so hilarious! Actually, lots of the pictures made me laugh. Thanks for sharing!