Thursday, January 15, 2009

The hardest thing...


I've discovered the hardest thing about being a mom of 2...mommy guilt! Life used to revolve around Trey, and now it doesn't. I know that it is good for him to learn this lesson early, but sometimes it's enough to make me cry when he wants me to play with him but I can't because my hands are tied up with Luke. Trey really has been a good sport about everything, and I am much harder on myself than Trey is on me. Even though I'm with him all day, I reach the end of the night and I really miss him. I anticipated the lack of sleep, the round the clock feedings and diaper changes, the spit-up, the pain involved with recovery, and the feeling of unproductiveness. I did NOT anticipate how little time and energy I would have to give to Trey. The good news is that I have no recollection of going through the same thing when I was 3 and my sister was born. I have to keep reminding myself of that.


                                                                    Bath time gives Trey crazy hair

Luke had a 3 week check up yesterday, and boy is he growing! He has been a good eater from the get go, and he now weighs nearly 9lbs!!! That still only puts him in the 50th percentile for weight but we know that will change with his rate of growth. He is in the 75th percentile for height and has outgrown all of his newborn clothes. I put the little rompers on him and they are like floods.


                                                                                                                                    My baby is already getting so big!!!

I want to say a quick thank you to Gary's mom and to my parents as well. Gary's mom was here for 3 weeks helping us out!!! She cooked and cleaned and helped out with the kids. She left our pantry stocked full of food and we are eternally grateful to her. On the same token, my parents are en route right now to help me out while Gary travels for the first time since Luke's birth. They are looking forward to seeing the boys, and I am looking forward to the extra hands. Thanks so much. We love you all.

1 comment:

Barki's said...

i love Trey's hair in this pic!! i feel so out of the loop on how you are really doing. I'm glad Trey is better now.