Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Uh-Oh!!!!

I wasn't planning on posting again so soon, but I think that Trey's new trick deserves this. This afternoon, I put Trey down for his nap kicking and screaming. He isn't usually so bad, but  he has really started fighting me at nap time. To show him that I won't tolerate it, I put him straight to bed with no books or songs. He screamed for about 3 minutes and then calmed down. Figuring he was going to sit in his bed and play for a few minutes and then zonk out, I decided to take a rest myself. I climbed into bed and closed my eyes for about 5 minutes, and then I heard the pitter-patter of little feet. I opened my eyes to see Trey standing next to me. He looked at me, as proud as ever, and said, "I wanna go night-night in mama's bed, okay?" He then ran around to Gary's side of the bed and climbed up next to me. I buried my face in the covers, not sure if I should laugh or cry.  Knowing I couldn't give in, despite my own exhaustion, I took him back to his bed. He continued opening his door and peeking out for the next hour and a half!!! I finally had to get a pillow and blanket and lay outside his door. He would open the door a crack and see me and then close it again. He got brave at one point and stuck his little hand out and waved at me. 2 hours after nap time started he finally fell asleep-and now he's up again!!!! Please pray for our sanity as we teach our little escapee the boundaries of bed time.

1 comment:

carlyn said...

you need a lock on his door. that is why i am leaving luther in his crib until he is 10!!!