Thursday, September 30, 2010

Conversations with a 4 year-old



1. "Mom, guess what I just figured out? I'm Buzz (Buzz Lightyear for those who don't get the
     reference), because I'm really strong. I can lift this toy bucket all by myself."

2. While playing store: "All this stuff is going to be expensive."
     "That's okay, I get money from work every day."
     "Where do you work?"
     "In Afghanistan. While people are fighting, I get money from their pockets."
     "You take money from people's pockets?" (Appalled!)
     "Yeah, that's how it works in Afghanistan." 

3. Still playing store. Trey bought a baby (he was pretending it was a real baby). We did have a
     conversation about how we cannot REALLY buy babies.
     "I want to return this stuff, because my baby is awful! He tries to bite me."

4. He was playing while I was cooking dinner one night, and he ran to me and said, "the soldiers
     are trying to hurt my children and put them on the cross. God told us to come here to hide
     from the soldiers." I'm so pleased he listens to AND obeys God.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

He's so cute. Don't you just love how children think? Malika always says the cutest things too, I wish I could just be her for a day.

jessie said...

i found sashas picture on rr awhile back and wrote this:

http://brickerfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/you-know-what-breaks-my-heart.html

just thought you would like to know. Congratulations! He is beautiful!